Tossing extra firm tofu with cornstarch, soy sauce and olive oil and baking it creates a tofu with a nice flavor and firm, almost crisp texture.
1 box extra firm tofu, drained
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon soy sauce
1 tablespoon cornstarch
- Remove the tofu from the packaging
- You’ll need 2 paper towels each folded in half lengthwise. Place one on a plate, then place the tofu on top of the paper towel. Place the second paper towel on top of the tofu. Then place a pan on top of that to squeeze out the moisture.
- Let sit for 10 – 30 minutes.
- Remove the tofu from under the pan and discard the paper towels.
- Cut into cubes and toss with olive oil, soy sauce and cornstarch.
- Place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from over and add to the stir-fry.