- 1 Pound Shrimp (Shell on, deveined)
- 6 Cups water
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 carrot (chopped)
- 1 rib of celery (chopped)
- 1/4 onion (peeled)
- 1/4 lemon
- a few sprigs of flat leaf parsley
- Devien shrimp. Rinse the shrimp in cold water and set aside.
- Bring 6 cups of water with salt to a boil in a medium sauce pan over high heat.
- Cut the carrot into large pieces. No need to peel it. Cut the celery into large pieces. Peel and quarter the onion. Quarter a lemon. Rinse 3-4 sprigs of parsley.
- Add the carrot, celery, 1/4 onion, 1/4 lemon and 3-4 sprigs of parsley to the water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add the shrimp. Leave the heat on high.
- Allow the water to come back to a boil. When the shrimp begin to rise to the top, they are cooked.
- Turn off the heat and drain the shrimp over the sink into a colander.
- Place in a bath of ice water to stop the cooking. Or just spread them on a serving dish and let them cool in one layer.
- Category: Appetizer, Main Course
- Serving Size: 0
- Sugar: 0
- Sodium: 0
- Fat: 0
- Saturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 0
- Fiber: 0
- Protein: 0
- Cholesterol: 0