A favorite holiday recipe.
1/2 Sourdough Loaf (or Rosemary Artisan Bread)
1/2 cup currants (omit if freezing - they won't freeze well)
1 granny smith apple
1 1/2 cups vegetable
1 cup rinsed, chopped Baby Bella mushrooms (if doubling, fun to add a second kind)
1 medium onion, diced
3-4 celery sticks, diced
2 T butter (*use vegan butter, to keep dairy free or vegan)
1 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp dried rosemary, minced well
1/2-1 tsp black pepper, to taste
1/2 tsp fennel seeds (optional - I never add)
Pinch of salt
1. Toast and cube bread crumbs.
2. Add the currants to the vegetable stock to soak while you prepare the vegetables.
3. In a large sauté pan, heat butter and oil. Sauté mushrooms, celery, and onion on medium heat until vegetables are soft and onion is translucent. Add in the rosemary, garlic, pepper, and fennel.
4. Pour vegetable stock with currants in sauté pan and stir.
5. Add in the bread crumbs and apple (cored, and can peel if desired, I usually do) and stir.
6. Transfer mixture to a medium (9x13) baking pan (bigger if you have doubled it).
7. Bake covered at 375 degrees F for 45 min.
8. Let stand 10-15 min prior to serving.
9. Serves 6-7 people.
Keywords: rosemary sourdough mushroom stuffing