When I think of the holidays, I think of my Grandmother's Salmon Chowder.
1 1/2 C. each of celery, onion, and green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
8 Tbsp. butter
3 cans of chicken broth (you'll add another 3 later)
3 C. diced potatoes
3 C. chopped carrots
4 1/2 tsp. sea salt
1 1/2 tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. dill
The other 3 cans of broth
3 cans of creamed corn
2 cans salmon (no bones)
2-4 cups half and half (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the celery, onion, garlic, and green pepper until soft.
2. Then add 3 cans of chicken broth, diced potatoes, diced carrots, salt, pepper, and dill.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover, simmer for 20 minutes (or until the potatoes are cooked).
4. Add the other 3 cans of broth, the 3 cans of creamed corn, and 2 cans salmon (no bones).
Simmer 15 minutes
5. Lastly, add Half and Half, 2 to 4 cups, optional
Keywords: salmon chowder