In this episode, Anna Lutz and Elizabeth Davenport sit down with Chef Dani Black, the owner of Bigger Tables, a consulting group that supports chef entrepreneurs. Dani has experience working as a chef in many settings, including eating disorder treatment and Cook School, a community college program based inside a prison.
- The equalizing power of food and how it can bring people together.
- Therapeutic culinary groups in eating disorders treatment and how they help heal people from eating disorders.
- The fact that we all have different experiences, relationships, and approaches to food, but share the basic need for it.
- The commonalities of working with people and food in different settings.
- The influence of diet culture and the importance of sound nutrition information.
- Resources to help people who would like to cook more.
- The value and benefits of getting children involved in the kitchen.
Read more about Dani Black’s experience and expertise here.