Anna Lutz and Elizabeth Davenport have a conversation with Emiko Davies, an award-winning Australian-Japanese food writer, photographer and cookbook author based in Italy.
- Emiko’s experience growing up in an anti-diet household.
- Ways to navigate cooking for a family when one (or more) member of the family is a picky eater.
- Some low-pressure, fun food exposures that can be helpful for kids who are picky eaters.
- The importance of having at least one ‘safe’ food at meals when a picky eater is at the table.
- How encouraging and cheering when eating can lead to feelings of shame for kids if they don’t eat the food on their plate.
- Ways to support children in bodies of all sizes.
- Meals Emiko typically cooks for her family.
- Support the Podcast -- Virtual “Tip Jar”!
- Emiko Davies
- Lutz, Alexander & Associates Nutrition Therapy
- Pinney Davenport Nutrition
- M8 Design
- Sonics Podcasts
Emiko Davies is an award-winning Australian-Japanese food writer, photographer and cookbook author based in Italy. Growing up in a diplomatic family, she spent most of her life living in countries other than her own, from China to the USA. After graduating from art school, she ended up in Florence, Italy, in 2005 to study art restoration and fell in love with a Tuscan sommelier. They have recently renovated a new home in a charming hilltop village between Florence and Pisa and will open their own space for sharing food and natural wine experiences in San Miniato in April 2023.
Emiko has written five cookbooks, Florentine: The True Cuisine of Florence (March 2016 and a new edition in November 2020), Acquacotta (March 2017 and a new edition in February 2023), Tortellini at Midnight (March 2019), Torta della Nonna (March 2021), Cinnamon & Salt (April 2022), published by Hardie Grant. In October 2023 her sixth book, Gohan, which is about the Japanese cuisine of her upbringing, will be published by Smith Street Books.
Leave a Reply