Anna M. and Anna L. chat with Emily Arkin, a Washington, D.C.-based Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She owns the group practice RD Emily & Team and specializes in eating disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, and Health At Every Size®-aligned medical nutrition therapy.
- Probiotics -- what are they and when they can be helpful (if at all).
- Poop-related complaints -- what can cause these issues, and when someone should be concerned.
- What a parent can do and say if their child expresses feelings of gastrointestinal pain, and when they should seek help.
- The intersection of gastrointestinal issues and eating disorders -- the kinds of gastro issues that co-occur with eating disorders and the best way to manage if an adolescent is in recovery from, or still struggling with an eating disorder.
- RD Emily & Team
- Lutz, Alexander & Associates Nutrition Therapy
- Pinney Davenport Nutrition
Emily Arkin, MS, RD, LD is a Washington, D.C.-based Registered Dietitian Nutritionist. She owns the group practice RD Emily & Team and specializes in eating disorders, gastrointestinal disorders, and Health At Every Size®-aligned medical nutrition therapy. Emily has worked at IOP/PHP levels of care for eating disorder treatment. She’s also part of Dietitians in Gluten and Gastrointestinal Disorders (DIGID), under which she contributes to the “Disordered Eating” working group that develops MNT resources for GI dietitians who encounter eating disorders in their practice. Emily cares deeply about helping clients rediscover joy in food and improve their health through a non-diet approach.