Elizabeth Davenport and Anna Mackay sit down with Sarah Ganginis, a non-diet dietitian who takes a weight-inclusive approach to nutrition and health. In addition to seeing adults and children in her private practice, Sarah has dedicated much of her time advocating for change in the school nutrition and health curriculums in the state of Maryland.
We chat about:
- Troubling nutrition lessons in schools
- What led Sarah to advocate for changes on the state level
- How Sarah approached the various people who have influence over curriculum in Maryland
- Some examples of appropriate school nutrition & health education
- Some of the changes Sarah hopes to see
- The next steps Sarah is hoping to take to advocate for nutrition education