In this episode Anna, Anna & Elizabeth have a chat with Haley Goodrich, RD, LDN, CEDRD-S, a Registered Dietitian and certified eating disorder specialist, who runs a private practice in Pittsburgh, PA about the HOLIDAYS!
- Favorite childhood holiday food memories
- The ways messages about holiday weight gain and the “covid-15” negatively affect children
- Advice for parents who are worried about an increase in the availability of desserts and candy to their children during the holidays
- How can parents help their pickier eaters navigate holidays meals that often feature less accepted foods or foods that are only served once or twice a year
- Advice for parents to manage the holidays without feeling like they need to conform to the pressure to diet, restrict, or control their own (or their children’s) food & bodies, and some self care ideas for parents as we enter the holiday season!