Happy 2021 everyone! In the first episode of season 2, Anna M. & Anna L. have a conversation with Oona Hanson, an educator who provides support to parents of teens & tweens as a parent coach.
- Some common, yet false, assumptions about eating disorders.
- Ways these misconceptions increase risks for people who may be ‘flying under the radar’ and not getting diagnosed (and therefore not getting the help they need).
- Effective strategies parents can use to help kids appreciate body diversity.
- The importance of the messages we send our kids about food & bodies.
- How modeling acceptance of body changes fosters body confidence in a child.