Kathleen Terracina, MA, Certified Intuitive Eating Counselor, Size Inclusive Fitness Specialist at Current Wellness in Raleigh, NC shared her favorite holiday recipe with us.
This salmon chowder is so simple to make!Print
When I think of the holidays, I think of my Grandmother's Salmon Chowder.
- Prep Time: 30
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 1 hour
- Yield: 18-20 servings
- Category: Soup
1 ½ C. each of celery, onion, and green pepper, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
8 Tbsp. butter
3 cans of chicken broth (you'll add another 3 later)
3 C. diced potatoes
3 C. chopped carrots
4 ½ tsp. sea salt
1 ½ tsp. pepper
1 Tbsp. dill
The other 3 cans of broth
3 cans of creamed corn
2 cans salmon (no bones)
2-4 cups half and half (optional)
1. Melt the butter in a large pot and sauté the celery, onion, garlic, and green pepper until soft.
2. Then add 3 cans of chicken broth, diced potatoes, diced carrots, salt, pepper, and dill.
3. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and cover, simmer for 20 minutes (or until the potatoes are cooked).
4. Add the other 3 cans of broth, the 3 cans of creamed corn, and 2 cans salmon (no bones).
Simmer 15 minutes
5. Lastly, add Half and Half, 2 to 4 cups, optional
Keywords: salmon chowder