Anna Lutz and Elizabeth Davenport have a conversation with Rachel Manor, a Registered Dietitian and Certified Specialist in sports dietetics.
- How diet culture shows up in sports.
- The most important things for parents to understand about kids & teens who are involved in sport (hint: it has a lot to do with eating enough).
- Barriers to adequate fueling specifically for athletes.
- Why athletes are at a higher risk for developing disordered eating behaviors and/or eating disorders
- Things coaches, parents, and trainers can do to support athletes in a protective way.