My Facebook memories recently reminded me of our 1 year podcast anniversary!
Yes, we started a podcast during the pandemic. Our podcast came to life thanks to soon-to-be registered dietitian, Anna Mackay. She and I were just about ready to do a seminar on Raising Intuitive Eaters that was to be Anna’s graduate school project. The arrival of the pandemic meant we couldn’t move forward with the in-person workshop. We didn’t want to try to do a workshop over Zoom. Then, Anna Mackay had the wonderful idea to turn her project into a podcast mini-series: Raising Competent Eaters, in which she interviewed me and Sunny Side Up Nutrition partner, Anna Lutz.
We had such a great time recording the mini series, that we decided to keep going. And here we are 1 year later with no plans to stop recording new episodes! We’ve had so many important and interesting conversations with experts over the past year. We hope you’ll find episodes below to guide you in diet-free parenting.
Which episodes are your favorites? What topics would you like us to cover in the future?
Some of the topics we cover on the podcast include:
What does it mean to raise a competent eater - 5 part mini series:
- Episode 1: What Does it Mean to Raise a Competent Eater - Part I
- Episode 2: What Does it Mean to Raise a Competent Eater - Part II
- Episode 3: What Does it Mean to Raise a Competent Eater - Part III
- Episode 4: What Does it Mean to Raise a Competent Eater - Part IV
- Episode 5: What Does it Mean to Raise a Competent Eater - Part V
Eating disorder prevention:
- Episode 19: Myths and Truths About Eating Disorders
- Episode 29: What Parents Need to Know About Eating Disorders
- Episode 22: Food Insecurity and the Importance of Community Involvement
- Episode 26: Food Insecurity in a Pandemic
Parenting in diet-culture:
- Episode 12: Caroline, Ellie, Miriam & Izzy - Perspectives From Our Kids
- Episode 14: Parenting Amidst Diet Culture
- Episode 15: Breaking the Family Diet Cycle
- Episode 17: A Diet Culture Free Holiday Season
Social media wellness:
- Episode 9: Social Media Wellness for Kids and Teens
Nutrition for Active Kids and Teens:
Weight inclusive wellness and exercise:
- Episode 18: Understanding Weight Bias and Weight Stigma
- Episode 23: Weight Bias and Mental Health Concerns for Kids and Teens in a Pandemic
Early Childhood Health:
- Episode 6: Puberty: Body Changes, Weight and Diet Culture
- Episode 13: Social and Emotional Health for Kids
- Episode 10: School Nutrition & Health Curriculums
Meal Planning and Cooking:
- Episode 9: Meal Planning, Pantries and Cooking
Great episodes that don’t fall into one category:
I also love to listen to others' podcasts. Some of our favorites about feeding families include:
- The Full Bloom Podcast
- Mom Genes - The Podcast
- The Feeding Humans Podcast
- Comfort Food Podcast
- Tube to Table Podcast
Have you listened to our podcast? We'd love for you to leave us a review!